Case of 2021 Read for the Record Selection
This year's Jumpstart Read for the Record® book is Amy Wu and the Patchwork Dragon by Kat Zhang and illustrated by Charlene Chua.
Learn more about Read for the Record and pledge to read at readfortherecord.org!
Changes to book ordering for 2021!
- If ordering 49 books or less, purchase as many of the individual books as you need.
- If ordering 50 or more, purchase full cases of 50 for a significant discount on books and savings on shipping and handling.
Why full cases?
Ordering your books in full cases of 50 provides 2 major benefits:
- Additional Discount: If you previously ordered more than 50 but less than 1,000 books, you will receive an added discount this year. By eliminating our former quantity-tiered discount system, we’re able to provide all bulk customers the maximum discount possible. If you previously ordered 1,000+, you are receiving the same discount as last year!
- S&H Savings: When we don’t have to open boxes to fulfill orders – we all save time and money! Additionally, the weights of each order are now more predictable so we can negotiate better deals with shipping providers.
When Amy Wu’s teacher asks everyone to make their own dragon at craft time, Amy feels stuck. Her first dragon has a long, wingless body, stag-like horns, and eagle claws, but her friends don’t think it’s a real dragon. Then she makes dragons like theirs, but none of them feels quite right...None of them feels like hers.
After school, a story from Grandma sparks new inspiration, and Amy rounds up her family to help her. Together, can they make Amy’s perfect dragon?
Jumpstart's Special Edition
Jumpstart’s team works with our selected publishing partner to create a special paperback edition of the campaign book with exclusive content.
This edition contains:
- activity guides and resources to bring the story to life
- tips for reading with young children
- vocabulary words
- comprehension questions
About the Author
Kat Zhang loves traveling to places both real and fictional—the former have better souvenirs, but the latter allow for dragons, so it’s a tough pick. A graduate of Vanderbilt University, she now spends her free time scribbling poetry, taking photographs, and climbing atop things she shouldn’t. You can learn about her travels, literary and otherwise, at KatZhangWriter.com.
About the Illustrator
|Publisher||Simon & Schuster|
|Weight||0.45 lbs (book)
22.5 lbs (case)
11" x 9" (book)
12" x 10" x 9 1/8" (case)
We Also Recommend